Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 20 Gross Out (cop out, sorry!)

After reading so many fantastically gross scenes like the kid masturbating at the bottom a pool while his intestines are sucked out his asshole by the pool drain (Chuck Palahniuk's Guts) or the telling and retelling of the famous joke "The Aristocrats", its hard to be original.
Another part of me is apprehensive about showing you exactly how dark and disgusting I can go. I would hate to turn you off before I had a chance to turn you on.
So instead, I will let Bob Saget tell you a lovely little story about a family trying to break into show business.
Someday I'll share my disgusting side with you. I promise.



Assignment Notes: Words can be just as powerful at evoking strong physical reactions as images or smells. Use your words to truly gross out a reader. You can write about an experience from your past or just create something. It just needs to be really, really disgusting.

No comments: