Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15 Recycled Moments

CG Note:
Wow. This topic could almost describe a series of vignettes I wrote a while back. I, like many people, have a tendency to come up with the perfect comeback long after the moment has passed. The comeback that would have given me the upper hand, or made me seem witty, or competent, or maybe even sexy. Or that would have gotten me fired, smacked or killed. Really. One of my better qualities is that, under MOST situations, I know when to shut up. Sadly, I usually err on the side of self preservation- which doesn't lead to good storytelling.

Frankly, as I am thinking back on moments that could make good "recycle" moments, I can feel my body temp rise- but not in that tingly way. I'll let you in on a little secret- when I'm upset, my body heats up. Its kinda like the Hulk, but with less green and no clothing is ruined. Why are all the recycled moments I'm coming up with are the missed chances, or the mean things I did or the cruel actions I accepted tacitly from others?

So I think I'll just stick with the way things are for now. As it stands, I can't even think of a Christmas gift I should have given. I can only move forward from this moment.

Assignment Notes: Today is America Recycles Day. Think of something in your past: an item, a person, an event, a feeling, that you wish you could recycle and write about it.

No comments: